How do you choose between concrete or clay paving? Here are the pros and cons:
- Relatively cheap.
- Wide choices of shapes and sizes are available.
- Full textured blocks and patterns are available.
- Wide choice of block depths, from 40mm.
- Colours fade over time.
- Aggregate will be exposed after sometime.
- Long lasting.
- Prices are usually higher than concrete and colours do differ in prices.
- Very hard wearing.
- They are made of natural earthy colours that will not fade.
- Prone to moss, but easily cleaned.
- Offers low maintenance.
- Strong water and weather resistant properties.
- They are mostly rectangle with different sizes.
- Size tolerance is quite variable due to firing process and has been separated into two
variations thus PA & PB.
- Very hard to cut.
- Will probably outlast all of us, and our children, and probably their children as well!